Open schedule can be found at the bottom of the page but we’re open 7:00am or 8am 7 days a week, 360 days a year. We are closed New Years, Christmas, Thanksgiving, July 4th and Easter. 7 days a week.
We used to offer full service but no longer do. We’re adding two more rows of vacuums, free compressed air, a vending machine with sanitizing supplies and mat cleaners to our Bee Clean Car Wash #2 location for more of a self-serve safe option for cleaning the interior.
No. Detailing is a $200+ service that includes pressure washing, steam cleaning extraction, waxing, paint correction, shampooing, hand washing etc.
Q. Does Bee Clean offer paint correction / buffing / polishing / steam cleaning / hot water extraction?
No but you are free to use our self-serve vacuums to clean your rugs and mats.
We do not.
Mostly yes. Our height limit is 7’3” and our width on tires is 86”. So if your tires measure eighty six inches or less from outside to outside edge and your vehicle is under seven foot two inches tall, you’ll fit.
There are few rules with pickups:
- Back/bed of pickups have to be clear and clean.
- No loose hoses, straps or wires because we don’t want those to get caught in the neoglide wraps.
- No aftermarket bike racks, headache racks, or anything else that attaches to the top, bottom or sides of your vehicle and aren’t standard from factory are liable to get held up in the tunnel or fly off and damage adjacent vehicles or equipment.
- Triple ball hitches on the back of trucks need to be either removed, folded down or in some cases we can retract the brushes on the back of the vehicle so the wrap doesn’t get stuck.
Cars/Trucks that we can’t clean:
- No dual rear wheel/DRW/dualies
- No tires over 86 inches wide
- No vehicles with aftermarket racks on top or on the back of the vehicle.
There is no touchless option. Bee Clean is a soft touch friction car wash. Touchless car washes use caustic, corrosive chemicals to remove dirt from vehicles that will eat away at the clear coat on your car’s paint faster than any friction car wash and will require wax every 3-6 months to protect your paint job. Our soft-touch, neoglide closed foam cell wraps are designed so they can NOT hold dirt that can scratch your car. The high-lubricity, environmentally-friendly, biodegradable soap we use is slick, high foaming, and allows our foam wraps to safely remove dirt and debris from your ride. The chemistry and titration of our soaps is carefully selected to account for seasonal variations in Texas such as pollen and humidity to provide the best clean and protection.
We don’t scratch cars. The clear coat that is on top of the paint, can be marred anytime something touches its surface, however. This protective layer is 5-10 times thicker than the paint coat on your car and is designed to protect the paint job, but we always recommend waxing your car every 3 to 6 months to protect the clear coat. The online products on our higher end washes provide an extra sacrificial barrier to the elements, but we always suggest waxing your vehicle at least every 6 months.
We offer specials/discounts on our website from time to time around holidays or on our app more frequently.
We do in our tunnels. Our 135-255 foot tunnels include multiple levels of redundancy including 3 wraps, several CTAs (car tire applicators), and Bison Brushes for scrubbing wheels. Where other small tunnel wash services include one level of brushes and wraps, we pack an array of duplicity to ensure as thorough a job as possible. There is high pressure in multiple applications, but we don’t use a pressure washer gun as you might see in a “wand off” self-serve car wash.
We accept cash, credit card, or you can buy car washes through our app. Washes on the app are generated and delivered with a QR code, you then scan at the kiosk from your phone.
We no longer clean headlights.
- We employ a reclamation system that recycles water used in the car wash for cleaning the underside of cars.
- All soaps we use are eco friendly and biodegradable.
We purify all of our water which is sourced from the San Antonio municipal water system which comes from The Edward’s Aquifer or the Trinity Aquifer. Because this water is so ‘hard’ and high in calcium and TDS (total dissolved solids), we soften, charcoal filter and run it through reverse-osmosis onsite to make it spot-free and purer than the industry-defined standard of 20ppm TDS.
We have a clean car guarantee, we can run you through again; if ever have a question, please stop by the office and talk to our onsite manager before you leave and we will ensure you don’t leave the lot with a dirty car.
You can buy a carwash gift card in three different ways:
- You can buy one or multiple car washes through the app
- You can buy a gift card at any of our site in the office
- Gift cards can be mailed for free when purchased on our website
One low monthly price and you can wash every day. Everybody buzzes better when they are clean.
Our monthly pass is programmed for 1 wash per day
You can only have one monthly pass per vehicle, but we can put more than one vehicle on the account. There is not a discount for multiple cars on an account.
You can upgrade your monthly pass in three different ways:
- At the wash you just have to press “change selection” button and pay the difference
- You can email us to upgrade your monthly pass
- You can visit one of the wash offices and we’d be happy to help
We don’t currently offer a yearly pass on our app but if you would like to purchase one you can purchase one on our website and we will activate and place tag at the wash location of your choice. Yearly passes net an additional 5% discount.
You can visit the site for location updates and send us a message if you want a Bee Clean near you.
Generally it takes 3-6 months to cure a new paint job. Most new cars you buy from a dealership have already been run through a car wash multiple times to keep them clean either through a tunnel or hand washed onsite, which is just another form of a friction wash. Upgrading your wash to include wax protects your paint job from UV rays and harmful particulates.
We’d suggest talking with your auto painter for best advice on your particular paint job.
For a detailed guide on the car wash process see our post, otherwise the summary is:
- Go to your nearest Bee Clean location
- Stop at bug prep, prep any bugs on mirrors/paint that have been baked on
- Drive up to the automated kiosk, pick a wash package and pay
- Pull up after the gate opens and cars will go into que based on purchase time
- Our Greeter will guide you on the conveyor, point to a sign that says “hands off your steering wheel, foot off your brake, car in neutral, antennas lowered” thumbs up.
- The roller will advance on the track and safely guide you through the wash tunnel, cleaning all along the way.
- When the light turns green on the sign at the end of the tunnel, please pull out a car is likely behind you.
We explore the carwash process a more here, but the general run-down is:
- All tunnels start with high ph presoak (12+ ph) to break down particulates, oils, dirt and debris from the road.
- Next, we use a higher base, high foaming, base soap to wash and lift the emulsified dirt and debris from the car before the brushes come in.
- During pollen season, moisture that comes into contact with pollen on the surface of cars can activate the acids within the pollen grains and break down the clear coat and paint on your car and create a sort of glue that is hard to remove from your car. During these months we tend to use a higher alkaline presoak to help remove the pollen layer.
- Once on the track, the car wash slowly pushes you through by your back tire.
- Photo eyes scan your vehicle’s dimensions to tell the wraps and brushes exactly how to wash your vehicle.
Good question. There are a handful of manufacturers still around from the carwash beginnings.
Most cars fit the track. 3’¾” Clearance is required.
Most of the time yes. Telescopic antennas? No. Please remove your antenna when possible.
You will get hurt. Do NOT do this. Bee Smart. Bee Safe.
This depends on your car. We require wiper blades to be off for safety.
The answer is yes. Our general manager has a wrap on his truck and has been washing it at least once a week for four years. recommend using wax every three to six months.
Bee Clean Car Wash #1
16422 Nacogdoches Rd
San Antonio, TX 78247
Bee Clean Car Wash #2
21040 U.S. Hwy 281 N
San Antonio, TX 78258
Bee Clean Car Wash #3
13011 Silicon Drive
San Antonio, TX 78249
Bee Clean Car Wash #4
5810 Village Park
San Antonio, TX 78250
Bee Clean Car Wash #5
Bee Clean Car Wash #6
2827 Olmos Creek Drive
San Antonio, TX 78230
Bee Clean Car Wash #7
926 North Loop 1604 West
San Antonio, TX
Bee Clean Car Wash #8
715 Fillmore Drive
San Antonio, TX 78251
Use the bee regularly for car wash and vacuuming. Have been using the bee since it first opened. Great price plus freebies vacuum and bug prewash.😀Janet Jones Willinger
Awesome wash! Very relaxing drive through. Loved all the smells of the awesome soap! Great quality wash. Our car never looked more shiny!John Pinson
Looking forward to the new location on 3009. A little closer to home.Mark Peters
Usually I only get the 4.99 wash and I am satisfied. The one time I wasn't I let one of the employees know and I was told to go through... read moreSamantha Spencer Hrapek
I love taking my car to Bee Clean Car Wash! I love how customers get the option of full/self service. And, the price is reasonable too! I always use the... read moreDesiree Diane Gonzales
I ❤ Bee Clean car wash!! You have to try this place out! The best 🙂Angela White-Smith
Great price and great service. The only place I wash our vehicles!!Jackie Martinez
Fast and inexpensive!! Free air and vacuums are a plus �Joy Weatherman
Best value around. The Free vacuum and air is nice. Be nice if they had a wringer and rinse for chamois. Can't wait for the one to... read moreEdward Garza
I go about every other week , every other month, I get there wax job , just to keep the shell of my car protected,
You probably... read moreBill Liese
Best car wash ever! Left there with shiny clean car!Elaine Fulmer Boyd
Best car wash in San Antonio!! Its awesome. Quick and convenient. I was incredibly satisfiedRudy Aleman